Technical Support Representative
|Salary Range:||Salary commensurate with experience|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Sheldon Manufacturing is a well-established and fast-paced manufacturing company with a culture committed to quality and exceeding customer expectations. Over the past 30 years we have worked with industry leaders to design solutions for production and research needs across the entire constant temperature/environment spectrum.
A Tech Support Representative provides training and technical assistance to customers. This position is responsible to provide assistance in installing, configuring, modifying, and troubleshooting of Sheldon laboratory equipment and software. The position requires interaction with clients worldwide and helping them resolve their technical issues through various channels, such as email, phone or chat. Tech support also trains clients to help them learn to use lab equipment or software applications.
Works independently but in a highly integrated team to meet all team response targets and customer satisfaction goals. Must be able to judge and react to customer situations to solve problems and to escalate as necessary. The following are the primary job duties of this tech support position.
- Provide customer service and support.
- Identify technical issue and resolve the problems via phone, email or any other electronic medium.
- Analyze problems with the help of equipment documentation and manuals.
- Ability to learn complex mechanical and electronic trouble-shooting skills for laboratory incubators, ovens and similar equipment.
- Configuring of lab equipment as required by the client in accordance with the equipment calibration procedures.
- Configuring internet related software applications.
- Train clients in system operation of equipment and software applications related to data logging.
- Identify, resolve and advise on operational issues in the systems.
- Use complex MRP software to set up and maintain customer accounts, locate necessary replacement parts in a Bill of Materials after trouble-shooting.
- Trouble shoot technical and non-technical issues of equipment related to application situations.
- Providing technical support for escalated issues. Arrange service calls by third-party service providers and provide them with all necessary documentation and replacement parts.
- Write reports, procedure manuals and business correspondence.
- Comfortable in a bi-lingual work environment.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently. The ability to truly multi-task is essential. You must be able to keep track of several complex customer requests at the same time while still responding to new, incoming requests.
- Should be able to respond to customers promptly
- Customer service skills, including excellent phone manner and skills, ability to discuss complex technical issues with international customers who know little English. Excellent follow-up skill to ensure completion of customer request and total satisfaction.
- Interpersonal, presentation and organizational skills are essential.
- Accuracy and speed in typing to record needed transition of calls in a timely manner.
- Should be able to analyze and interpret technical procedures, professional journals and business periodicals.
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills. Ability to take on any new tasks that may be required.
- Familiarity with CRM software and some knowledge of MRP software. Skilled in Microsoft Office software, including Excel, Word, Visio, SQL database, and SharePoint.
Educational Qualification and Experience:
- One year certificate from a technical school or college.
- 1 to 2 years related training or experience certificate
- Experience with documenting procedures.
- Speaking ability in one of the following second languages is helpful, but not required: Korean, Taiwanese Chinese, Spanish or Western European languages.
|Click Here to Download Complete Job Description|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.