Customer Service/Technical Support Representative
|Salary Range:||Salary commensurate with experience|
|Benefits:||Comprehensive benefits package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Sheldon Manufacturing is a well-established and fast-paced manufacturing company with a culture committed to quality and exceeding customer expectations. Our goal is continuous improvement. Over the past 30 years we have designed industry-leading solutions for industrial and research laboratories across the entire constant temperature/environment spectrum, primarily incubators and ovens.|
Our Tech Support Representatives provide training and technical assistance to customers. We are looking for someone with excellent customer service/relationship management skills who can put those skills to use in a technical environment. You need to have a unique combination of aptitude and experience. You can help a frustrated customer find solutions. Your phone manner conveys understanding and support and your technical knowledge provides answers. This position is responsible for providing assistance to end-users in installing, configuring, modifying, and troubleshooting Sheldon laboratory equipment and software.
The position involves interaction with clients worldwide, helping them resolve their technical issues and questions through email and telephone. Excellent communication skills and experience in culturally diverse environments will help.
Your co-workers will depend on you and you will need to depend on them, so the ability to work on a team that is always under pressure will be necessary. We are a small company and we treat each other with respect and are always willing to step outside a job description to help a fellow employee, whether it is the CEO or the shipping manager. You have heard about the vitality of American manufacturing – this is where it happens and you can be a vital part of it.
|Duties:||Works independently but in a highly integrated team to meet customer satisfaction goals. The goal is 100% customer satisfaction. Must be able to judge and react to customer situations to solve problems and to escalate as necessary. The following are the primary job duties of this tech support position.
- Provide customer service and support, including order fulfillment
- Identify technical issue and resolve the problems via phone, email or any other electronic medium
- Analyze problems with the help of equipment documentation and manuals
- Ability to learn complex mechanical and electronic trouble-shooting skills for laboratory incubators, ovens and similar equipment
- Train clients in system operation of equipment and software applications related to data logging
- Use complex MRP software to set up and maintain customer accounts, locate necessary replacement parts in a Bill of Materials after trouble-shooting
- Arrange service calls by third-party service companies and provide them with all necessary documentation and replacement parts
- Write reports, procedural explanations and business correspondence
- Comfortable in a bi-lingual work environment(Spanish helpful)
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Ability to work efficiently and independently. The ability to truly multi-task is essential. You must be able to keep track of several complex customer requests at the same time while still responding to new, incoming requests
- Customer service skills, including excellent phone manner, ability to discuss complex technical issues with international customers whose first language is not English. Excellent follow-up skills to ensure completion of customer request and total satisfaction
- Organizational skills are essential
- Accuracy and speed in keyboarding are necessary to create detailed transaction records quickly
- Should be able to analyze and interpret technical procedures, professional journals and business periodicals
- Familiarity with all Microsoft Office products, Microsoft SharePoint and MRP software would be helpful
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.